RAOTM – Atlanta: Global Beverage Reduces Risk with Cybersecurity
September 15 @ 11:00 am - September 16 @ 2:00 pm
Rockwell Automation on the Move – Atlanta will feature Polytron’s Robin Cobb, PE, PMP, as a speaker on September 15 and 16.
Global Beverage Reduces Risk with Cybersecurity:
With rising threats of cyber-attacks and security breaches, there is an urgency within companies to protect their virtual borders by updating Information Technology (IT) and Operations Technology (OT) systems.
As society continues to shift to include more machine learning, AI and data analytics, renovating IT and OT systems has become vital. One of the biggest struggles for manufacturers when updating these systems is minimizing downtime and limiting the negative impact on production.
With a cohesive IT/OT team approach, this team used cloud collaboration tools to communicate across multiple sites to deliver:
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Cohesive team approach
- Systematic and manageable deployment
- Centralize reporting function
As a result, the manufacturer is reaping the benefits of a fully protected system:
- Unauthorized access risk reduced
- Confidence that employee, consumer and public safety is protected
- IT network is protected from OT system breaches – and vice versa
- Breach detection and procedures in place to detect and recover quickly